Rate Canadian Hospitals
|British Columbia Hospitals|
|New Brunswick Hospitals|
|Nova Scotia Hospitals|
|The North Hospitals|
Top User Rated Hospitals
Most Popular Hospitals
- Royal Jubilee Hospital, Victoria (2)
- Devon General Hospital, Devon (1)
- Thunder Bay Regional Health Sciences Centre, Thunder Bay (1)
- Prince County Hospital - Summerside (1)
- Misericordia Community Hospital, Edmonton (1)
- Queen Elizabeth II Hospital, Grande Prairie (1)
- Cobequid Community Health Centre (1)
- Stanton Regional Hospital, Yellowknife (1)
- Rockyview General Hospital, Calgary (1)
- University of Alberta Hospital, Edmonton (1)
- St. Catharines General Site, St. Catharines (1)
- Toronto General Hospital, Toronto (1)
Mesothelioma (cancer of the mesothelium) is a disease in which cells of the mesothelium become abnormal and divide without control or order. They can invade and damage nearby tissues and organs. Cancer cells can also metastasize (spread) from their original site to other parts of the body. Most cases of mesothelioma begin in the pleura or peritoneum.
Working with asbestos is the major risk factor for mesothelioma. A history of asbestos exposure at work is reported in about 70 percent to 80 percent of all cases. However, mesothelioma has been reported in some individuals without any known exposure to asbestos.
The risk of asbestos-related disease increases with heavier exposure to asbestos and longer exposure time. However, some individuals with only brief exposures have developed mesothelioma.
Know Your Legal Rights
If you have been exposed to asbestos, and have developed Mesothelioma or any other asbestos-related disease you may have a serious legal issue that could include a lawsuit that requires the attention of a experienced attorney or law firm familiar with asbestos-related diseases.
Mesothelioma Jury Verdicts over the past several years have ranged from $200,000 to awards in the millions. Know your legal rights if you have been exposed to asbestos and have developed an asbestos-related disease, contact a attorney today. It's your right and above all, your health.