Rate Canadian Hospitals
|British Columbia Hospitals|
|New Brunswick Hospitals|
|Nova Scotia Hospitals|
|The North Hospitals|
Top User Rated Hospitals
Most Popular Hospitals
- Royal Jubilee Hospital, Victoria (2)
- Devon General Hospital, Devon (1)
- Thunder Bay Regional Health Sciences Centre, Thunder Bay (1)
- Prince County Hospital - Summerside (1)
- Misericordia Community Hospital, Edmonton (1)
- Queen Elizabeth II Hospital, Grande Prairie (1)
- Cobequid Community Health Centre (1)
- Stanton Regional Hospital, Yellowknife (1)
- Rockyview General Hospital, Calgary (1)
- University of Alberta Hospital, Edmonton (1)
- St. Catharines General Site, St. Catharines (1)
- Toronto General Hospital, Toronto (1)
|'Maternity tourism' leaves MDs footing bill|
Several Montreal hospitals have noticed an increase in the number of pregnant foreign women, predominantly from French-speaking countries, who travel to Canada to give birth, according to the Quebec Federation of Medical Specialists.
According to Citizenship and Immigration Canada, any person born in Canada who isn't a child of a diplomat becomes a citizen at birth.
Anecdotal figures from Sainte-Justine Hospital, St. Mary's Hospital and Saint-Luc Hospital suggest more than 125 foreigners delivered babies in Montreal last year.
In a recent radio interview, Citizenship and Immigration Canada Minister Jason Kenney said he's asked his staff to check numbers before he decides whether to act.